Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Good and Perfect


James 1:17 says, "Every good and perfect gift is from above...".

Liam is our good and perfect gift from above. God blessed us with a perfectly healthy baby boy. And I cannot give Him enough thanks and praise for this gift. I am overcome with pride and joy everyday just looking at Liam.

I have only a few accomplishments that I am proud of. I was the first person in my family to graduate from college. Then I went on to become a teacher. But the biggest role that God placed me in and my biggest accomplishment that I take immense pride in-- being a mother. Patrick and I planned for Liam. We prayed for him, and God gave him to us. I took prenatal vitamins for a year before trying to conceive. I read every book I could get my hands on, and I poured over articles on the internet. If God was going to trust me to care for one of His angels, I was determined to be qualified for that job. I wanted to be the best mother in the world.

To God be the glory for what a good and perfect child Liam is. He is now a year and a half old. For 18 months now, God has guided Patrick and me and helped us make decisions for Liam's welfare. I give God all the praise and glory for the masterpiece He created in Liam.


18 month old little man, with his remote in one hand and a snack in the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment